- Parks & Recreation
- Recreation Programs
Please be sure to register early to avoid class cancellation due to low enrollment or program closure due to maximum enrollment being met. All programs are held at the Jessie Brock Community Center, 310 North Dillard Street, unless otherwise noted.
Programs starting on March 1 or after will be available for registration starting February 1 unless stated differently in the program description.
Citizens CPR Program
Interested in learning how to take a hands on approach towards saving lives? The City of Winter Garden Fire Rescue Department is offering a free 90 minute citizens cpr program to the community. The course will cover;
- Hands only Adult and Child CPR
- Proper AED use
- Adult and Child Choking
Upon completion, participants will earn a certificate acknowledging their successful demonstration and learned concepts detailed in the program. To register, please visit enroll.wgplay.com. Pre-registration is required, space is limited to 12 participants.
- Saturdays; September 17, November 19, January 21, March 18, and May 20
- 9:30 – 11:00 am and 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
This unique program introduces basic dance ballet technique and movement through dance, games and song. Class focus is on gross motor skills, left|right, body awareness, ballet positions, and beginner ballet technique and language. Advanced registration required.
- Wednesdays | March 22 – April 19 or April 26 – May 24| 9:30 – 10:15 am
- Saturdays | March 25 – April 29 (No Class April 8) | 10:15 – 11:00 am
- 2 – 4 years
- $70 City Resident | $75 Nonresident per five-week session
Intro to Ballet
This program is designed to teach children age’s 5 – 8 basic ballet positions and techniques as well as proper terminology. Children will work with the barre while developing their learned positions and techniques.
- Wednesday; March 22 – May 24
- 10:30 – 11:30 am
- 5 – 8 years
- $150 City Resident | $175 Nonresident per 10-week session