Administration is principally the office of the City Manager of Winter Garden which includes his direct support staff and those departments that provide internal and community support services. These departments are Community Relations, Fiscal Management and Information Technology. Appointed by the City Board of Commissioners, the key role of the City Manager is to support the Mayor and City Commission’s mission and vision for Winter Garden to be the best small City in the State of Florida. To this end, the City Manager ensures that the City of Winter Garden delivers excellence in services, amenities and infrastructure for all citizens and preserves a high overall quality of life throughout the community.
The City of Winter Garden is governed by a strong City Manager form of government with the City Manager serving as the Chief Executive Officer primarily accountable for the planning, alignment and execution of all organizational goals and providing coordinated day-to-day operational direction for all City departments including the preparation of the annual budget. The City Manager also fully administers all adopted City ordinances by the City Commission and ensures that all policies, procedures and protocols are adhered to in accordance with the City codes.
- Administer City Adopted Code and Ordinances
- Administer Organizational Department Goals and Activities
- Economic, Business and Community Development
- Community Relations and Citizen Engagement
- Organizational Strategic Planning and Performance Measurement
Another area with direct reporting responsibility to the City Manager is Administrative Services which includes Human Resources, Risk Management, Fleet Management and Facilities Management. This area is led by the Assistance City Manager who primarily oversees an array of services to both the employees of Winter Garden and the City assets they utilize to deliver quality and responsive services to all residents.
Services to Employees Include:
- Staff Recruitment and Retention
- Staff Training and Career Development
- Employee Relations
- Benefits Administration
- Retirement Administration
- Personnel Policy and Procedures
Services to City Assets Include:
- Risk Management
- Vehicle and Equipment Acquisition, Maintenance and Management
- Building and Facility Planning, Maintenance, Security and Management