"We make every customer feel important and cared for, find creative solutions with a can-do attitude, and follow the Winter Garden Way."
* Ownership * Responsive * Respectful * Professional
Provide service delivery that will create service wins for both our internal and external customers.
Please click here to view and apply to a current vacancy.
Fire Department Pre-screener: Click Here
Applications may also be completed at:
Winter Garden City Hall
300 West Plant Street
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Attn: Human Resources
Applications will be accepted for current positions and remain active for one year from the date of submission. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department prior to scheduling tests.
Applicants offered employment will be subject to background investigation which may include criminal, academic, employment and credit. Additionally, those applicants offered employment will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and may be required to pass a drug test.
The City of Winter Garden offers equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Veteran's preference is given per State Statute on initial hire. Documentation (DD214 or VA Letter of Disability) must be included with the application form. Persons needing assistance or accommodation in accessing the application process should contact Human Resources at 407.656.4111
Winter Garden Employee Benefits
- Health Insurance: Health insurance coverage is provided for all full time employees on 2 of the 3 health plans offered. When all wellness points are received, the premium is paid 100% by the City. The City provides partial contribution for dependent coverage.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance coverage is provided in an amount equal to double the employee's annual salary up to $200,000 with the premium paid 100% by the City.
- Flexible Spending: Pre-taxed up to $2,500 a year.
- Long Term Disability: Coverage is provided for all full time employees with the premium paid 100% by the City.
- Dental, Voluntary Life Insurance and Other Cafeteria Group Plans Available Through Employee Payroll Deduction with the premium paid by the employee.
- Educational Reimbursement: For commissioned colleges and universities tuition and books are reimbursed at current UCF per credit hour rates after a continuing employment agreement is approved and a final grade of C or better is achieved.
- Sick Leave Sharing For Full Time Non-Probationary Employees: Approval from the City Manager is required.
- Clothing Allowance or Uniforms Supplied
- Retirement: City has a retirement plan vesting after 5 years for General employees. Police officers and Firefighters vest after 6 years of service. A deferred compensation option is also available.
- Holidays: All full time employees receive nine (9) paid holidays, and one (1) personal day per year.
- Sick Leave: Sick leave is accrued at the rate of eight (8) hours per month and usable after successfully completing the six-month training period. Sick Leave may be accrued from year to year with certain caps and may be utilized for personal sickness and for circumstances involving members of the employee's immediate family.
- Vacation: All regular full time employees are eligible for accrued vacation after successfully completing six months of training. Police and Fire are eligible for accrued leave after six months even though they have one year of training.