APRIL 17 DAY ACTIVITIES:
- Chalkin It Up Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest– “Garden Walk-Bright, Colorful Flowers” in front of City Hall presented by the Bloom and Grow Garden Society..
- Plein Air Event throughout Downtown – The Winter Garden Art Association will have a Plein Air Event going on during the day.
- Kids Art at the Farmers Market – Free kids art classes for ages 4-12 at the Farmers Market on April 3 & 10 from 10 am-2 pm. The kids’ artwork to be featured in the Highland Building the evening of April 17.
- Scavenger Hunt – sponsored by the Winter Garden Art Association
FOUR MAIN EXHIBITS -- open and free during the day from 10 am – 3 pm:
The World Outside Exhibit
- Where: SOBO Art Gallery,127 S. Boyd St.
- Description: 2D & 3D Works Related to getting outside again in life, thinking outside the box, or other fun interpretations of the “outside” theme.
Springtime in Winter Garden Exhibit
- Where: City Hall, 300 W. Plant St.
- Description: See your city through the eyes of local artists as they depict the spring landscape.
An Artistic Legacy Exhibit
- Where: Heller Hall at Winter Garden Heritage Foundation, 21 E. Plant St.
- Description: Come along with us as we embark on an artistic journey… Travel from the past to the present as you view work created by artists who teach, share, and practice their love of art and history. A wide range of subjects in various media and styles on exhibit in the Downtown Historic District showcases the diversity of the artists and photographers who fostered and continue to create a vibrant record of life in West Orange County. Work by earlier artists such as Joe Burch and Dorothy Kannon display talent that was appreciated by generations of residents, and interviews with art instructor Rod Reeves, photographer Peter Schreyer, and painter Catherine Hempel chronicle the ongoing process that keeps the legacy alive.
Find Your Way Home
- Where: Winter Garden Heritage Foundation, 21 E. Plant St.
- Description: Explore West Orange County’s iconic Cartographic History and view examples of rare maps from the Heritage Archive that date back to the West Orange settlement in the 19th century.
APRIL 17 NIGHT ACTIVITIES:
In the evening, downtown will be aglow with color and art bringing life and creativity to Downtown.
In addition, there will be the first-ever “Art Night VIP” fundraising event to help support the arts. The ticketed event will provide “Behind the Velvet Rope” VIP Access to Curated Immersive Art Experiences in several small COVID-safe boutique settings around downtown. To purchase tickets to Art Night VIP, visit https://wgart.org/vip..
There will be additional art activities and exhibitions throughout the month of April. Plus, live performances of the lively and enlightening hit musical, Godspell, (April 22-May 23) at downtown’s historic Garden Theatre. Limited tickets available, purchase at https://www.gardentheatre.org/events/plays.
For a complete guide of month-long and April 17th Arts in April activities, visit https://downtownwg.com/arts-in-april.
All day and evening activities on April 17 will be held rain or shine.
The City of Winter Garden is actively monitoring the incidence of COVID-19 in our region and is following guidance from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding gatherings. The City reserves the right to institute necessary changes to these activities to ensure the public health, safety and welfare of our citizens.